Saturday, August 27, 2011

Welcome home the little owl.

A wise owl sat on an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why aren't we like that wise old bird?

How the Owl came to be recognized as the symbol of wisdom is probably had a lot to do with Owl's large eyes, with their ability to see in the dark, while it is silently observes its prey. They are one of the coolest feathered animals. Don't you agree?



I bought this little owl at an estate sale today. I rarely shop garage sales but; I had to own this little guy. I fell in love with its beautiful brown eyes with blue hues and its gorgeous feathers.


and.. here is what I was working on this Saturday. My latest bird nest necklace that I customized for a mom with twin boys. A lovely pigeon is sitting on top of this sweet hand woven nest; representing motherhood. Custom orders are always so much fun! I will be working on a custom bracelet tomorrow and excited to share my finished project with you soon...

Have a fantastic Sunday all of you! Be safe and have fun.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute custom necklace and I love the tale of the owl : )

    http://sisterbatik.blogspot.com/

    Following your lovely blog : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...