Monday, June 27, 2011

Handmade Glass Charm Tutorial

Many people have parties and festivities to celebrate the 4th of July. Are you having people over or going to a party for the independence day holiday?

My husband and I am inviting a big group of people on the July 1st, just before the holidays. We are doing something non-USA-traditional though. To make this bbq party memorable for our guests, we thought of a unique theme: Turkey. That includes Turkish food and Turkish decorations. The party colors will be red and white, which is the Turkish flag colors. Lately, I have been working on different party favors. (Stay tuned...this week!)
   Here is my first project; glass charms with famous evil eyes. You can make your own glass charms with this simple tutorial.

Materials: artistic wire (I used 20 gauge), variety of beads, wire cutter, round nose pliers, a round shaped object - I used a nail polish cap
 

Step 1: Curve your wire in between 1- 2 inches in diameter. I used one of my favorite nail polish caps to create even circles. Then, slide the wrapped wire from the circular object you used. 

Step 2: Cut the circles by keeping around 1/8" overlap in both ends to leave space to curve the ends. 

Step 3: Using your round nose pliers, curve one end of your circle peace inwards so that the ends are not sharp. 

Step 4: Slide the bead from the other end through the wire.

Step 5: Repeat the step #3 for the other end of the wire. Make sure there is no sharp edges on the charm.

Step 6: Place the glass charm to a glass and squeeze the ends slightly with your hand. That way the charms will not fall. 

Step 7: Repeat the steps with the number of glass charms you wish to make.

Step 8: Now, enjoy your cup of drink from your charmed glasses with extra protection with the evil eyes. 

9 comments:

  1. Great project! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks easy and inviting color you have there. thanks for sharing!

    dita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so cool! I've wondered how they make those. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tutorial! Thanks so very much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea...gives the regular "boring" glass a cute little touch. :) Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a cute and easy tutorial, thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting this cute tutorial. I've been making some bead projects myself lately. I find it relaxing. Maybe I'll give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. It's interesting to see how different you can make things. I like your charms

    http://chelsearainbows.blogspot.com/2011/07/diy-tutorial-hosted-by-ema-patrichi.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tutorial! Thanks! I pinned to my Pinterest board too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...